Sunday, January 25, 2015

I Love Juicy Shampoo - Guest Post


Hello again from Natalie Loves Beauty! One thing I've learned over the years is that the longer I go without washing my hair, the better my locks look and feel. Let me explain: I used to be a firm believer that washing my hair daily was best to keep it ultra clean and luscious. I could not stand not washing my hair for longer than a day, and could not even fathom stepping out of the house without a freshly washed mane. I was the one who said to others: "How can you only wash your hair every other day? One extra day of no-wash and my hair looks so dirty and greasy!" Boy have I proven myself wrong! Funny how things change... I now find my hair to be unmanageable when it is freshly washed, and much prefer it on its second or third day following washing since it is so much easier to style! With time, my hair has become less greasy between washes, and with the help of my trusty baby powder (more on that here), I can stretch the amount of days between washes. I've recently been smitten by a hair care duo from Lush, namely the I Love Juicy Shampoo and Veganese Conditioner, which were kindly gifted to me by my lovely sister over the holidays. I will go as far saying they are the best I have ever tried - here's why.


The I Love Juicy Shampoo, first of all, smells like a tropical vacation in a bottle. Although not 100% chemical-free (it contains sodium lauryl sulfate and fragrance, for instance, which I was sad to read on the label and did not really expect to find in Lush products), the fruits, essential oils and seaweed extracts certainly deliver and make my hair look and smell amazing for days. I find myself only needing to squeeze a very small amount out as it lathers quite well (although probably attributable to the SLS content). I've been using it for over a month now and it looks like I've barely even used it. Other (natural) ingredients include lemon and orange peel oils, and also papaya, kiwi, and mango fruit juices (how exotic!). This shampoo is specifically formulated to tackle greasy roots, so if this is an issue you currently have with your hair, I Love Juicy might just be for you!

The Veganese Conditioner smells just as beachy, although I would say it is slightly more citrus-y than I Love Juicy. Both of these products are vegan and cruelty free, which is what I really appreciate about them. This product also contains SLS and perfume, although in smaller quantity as it is lower down in the ingredient list. It boasts ingredients such as lavender and rosemary extracts as well as lemon peel oil. Again, a little goes a long way, and I make sure to leave it in for at least two minutes before rinsing (quick tip: doing this with any conditioner really works to make your hair extra smooth and to lessen frizz, along with rinsing in cold water). These two products go very well together, and if one day I replace one of them, my hair just does not feel the same.

Price-wise, these two products run on the more expensive side for the full sizes, although you can get the smaller or medium sizes to test out first. The price range is what has me on the fence as to whether I will purchase them again once emptied. I really like them, yet as a beauty nut I am on that eternal mission to find something even better. Overall though, my hair has been at its prime, and it is thanks to these two Lush products right here.

Have you tried any hair products from Lush? How did you like them?

post signature

5 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely. will check this out on one of my inevitable lush sprees

    www.bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information
    but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information
    available here is great. . I know something information, to know you can click here
    best shampoo for hair loss review

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like an awesome shampoo. I've got to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I was searching for benefits of alterna shampoo. I have never tried this shampoo but my best friend has suggested me to use this branded shampoo. Can you please share some information of this shampoo?

    ReplyDelete